100% attendance is desirable. Leave of absence can be granted only in case of serious illness or eventuality or the marriage of a real brother or sister or any emergency, on the production of a valid document. Parents are advised not to insist on obtaining leave for their children except when it is absolutely necessary.
- Parents / Guardians / Students are expected to sincerely adhere to all the existing rules and regulations of the school which may be modified from time to time. In case of a dispute, the decision of the Principal will be final.
- Throughout his/her stay in the school, a student will be governed by the strict code of discipline of the school and any breach of it may lead to his/her immediate expulsion from the school.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic drinks and narcotics on the premises of the school are strictly prohibited. Any violation of it can invite a strict disciplinary action.
- Every student shall always carry his/her Identity Card with him/her for any random identification purposes and for his/her own safety.
- Student’s participation in all the functions and activities of the School is compulsory.
- All the students shall converse only in English when on the School premises.
- All the students shall attend the School in properly ironed uniform.
- Any damage to the School property, caused by negligence or deliberate mischief shall have to be compensated by the defaulter. The quantum of such damage done shall be determined by the Principal for the purpose of recovery of the loss.
- Possession of any unauthorized reading material is strictly prohibited on the School Campus.
- Fine will be imposed on the students for violating the school norms e.g. coming to school without wearing the prescribed uniform, not bringing books/notebooks, causing any damage to the school property, coming late, remaining absent, speaking in local tongue, etc.
- No student is allowed to come to shcool by bike or car if he/she does not possess a valid driving license.
- No change of subject and section is permissible in any case.
- Parents must reach the school within 24 hours of receiving the telephone call from the school in case of an emergency or a complaint against their child/children.
- If a child’s name is struck off the school rolls for any reason and he/she rejoins the school in an academic year, he/she will have to pay readmission charges along with the fee of gap months.
- The school shall not be responsible for any injury received by the student while
undertaking any academic or co-curricular activities in or outside the school e.g. Practical Exam, Sports, Trips & Tours, etc, nor shall it bear any expenses incurred thereupon.
- Persons carrying arms shall not be allowed to enter the school premises in any case.
- The parents shall bear all the charges of correspondence & phone calls made to them on behalf of their child by the school. Moreover, they are supposed to report to the school at the earliest if desired by the school authorities.
- Aptitudes, capabilities and interests do vary from person to person. Hence, a child’s academic performance should never be compared with that of others, however, the school puts in its sincerest efforts for an all round development of its students.
- All disputes arising out of any reason with the School Authority shall be filed within the territorial jurisdiction .
- The school authorities will not be held responsible for public / private transport used by a student.
- According to the CBSE rules the particulars of a child will remain the same as mentioned in the SLC issued by the previous school.
- All the students shall follow the school dress code.
- An act of indiscipline may lead to expulsion of the child from the school.
- The school will not be responsible for any mishap on account of any natural calamity like earthquake, flood, fire etc. However, the training in disaster management is imparted regularly.
- The parents must confirm the reliability of the private transport provider before arranging transport for their child. The school shall not be responsible for arrangement of private transport in any case.
- The school strictly condemns the practice of extra coaching, tuition / professional
Code of Conduct
The student admitted to the school is supposed to follow all rules and regulations of the school. If he/she violates them, he/she will face strict disciplinary action.
A student must:-
- not damage school property .
- not remain absent from the school/class.
- not bring a cellphone to the school/class .
- not bring a costly article
- not bring sharp edged and injury causing articles .
- not use harsh and abusive language.
- wear the proper school uniform .
- not bring objectionable material like magazine, CD, cracker, colour, etc.
- not come late to the school
- not use unfair means in exams
- wear the identity card
- not use any form of violence
- not use intoxicating things.
- bring all his books and notebooks to the school.
- not bring more than Rs. 20/- as pocket allowance .
- not use intoxicating things.
Guidelines For Parents
In order to achieve the common goal of satisfactory education of your child, here are a few vital instructions for you to follow.
- Submit the required certificates, photos, etc. in time to void any inconvenience.
- Ensure prompt payment of the school dues to save your child from any unnecessary embarrassment.
- Do maintain a systematic record of all the fee receipts issued and correspondence made by the School Office
- Any change in the correspondence address should be promptly communicated to the School Office for updating its record
- Parents will exclusively bear the expenses on clothes, books, stationery and their
- Solicit leave for your child only when it is almost unavoidable and produce a valid proof for justifying your claim
- Don’t distract the attention of your child for honouring social obligations/commitments during the period of studies
- Note that if your child stops attending the school without any prior information, his/her name will be struck off the school rolls after six days of continuous absence
- Meet the subject teachers of your child after every examination to acquaint yourself with his/her latest progress and sign the Result Sheet compulsorily
- Check the child’s School Diary to have a fair assessment of his/her performance
The instructions meant for parents in the diary must be complied with
- Keep your child constantly motivated for serious studies as it supplements regular
teaching and effective learning
- Remember that the parents and the school equally share the responsibility of ensuring the child’s steady progress in studies
- Treat yourself as a vital link between your child and his/her teachers
- Don’t give your child costly articles such as Watch, Golden Chain/Ring,Mobile Phone,Pen Drive, Video Game, etc, otherwise he/she will have to face the strict disciplinary action
- Approach the School Office to get prompt solutions to any problem concerning your child
- Never get into an argument with any teacher/warden/office clerk
- Trust your child’s version of a particular event only after having been verified by his/her
- class teacher or the Principal as the case may be
- Never offer any gift to any school employee
- Never criticize your child publicly
- Always appreciate your child for his/her moral encouragement
- Avoid comparing your child with others as it breeds negativity
- Try to understand the genuine problems of your child and solve them promptly
- Never criticize any teacher in the presence of your child because it is bound to tarnish the teacher’s image in the eyes of the child
- Keep in mind that smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited on the school campus
- Keep yourself abreast with the progress made by your child in academic and other activities
- Motivate your child to have a positive attitude and also caution him/her to shun all
- Do understand that your keeping a close rapport with the teacher will stimulate your child’s all round growth
- Have faith in the abilities of your child and persistent endeavours made by the school for betterment of your child
- Ensure your ward’s regular attendance at school as it helps a child to understand his/her lessons, remain active & be discipline
The following measures will be adopted to maintain discipline:
- Oral Warning
- Written Warning
- Issue of Red/White Card
- Expulsion from class and school activities along with the issue of Red Card
Red Card:- A Red Card is issued to a student who remains absent from the school / comes late / indulges in unlawful activities on the school premises. The issue of five Red Cards will lead to immediate suspension from the school.
White Card:- A White Card is issued to a student who remains absent from the school
countinuously for three or more days without informing the school authorities.
Expectations From Rishikulians
- Rishikulians are expected to behave in a dignified manner. They should pay due respect to their elders.
- They must heighten the image of the school and avoid indulging in any unlawful activity in or outside the school which can tarnish its reputation.
- The seniors are expected to treat juniors with love and affection while the juniors must pay due reverence to the seniors.
- They should be health conscious and get themselves in trim for an accelerated physical & mental growth.
- They should be perfectly honest and morally upright.
- They are expected to read the newspaper daily for keeping themselves abreast of current events. They should also cultivate the habit of self-study for building self-confidence and self-assertion.
- Every Rishikulian is required to take part in cultural programmes, games and other school